Moist and Creamy Coconut Cake
Thursday, December 14th 2006, 9:52 AM CST
Recipe from Patricia Peden of Killen, Ala.
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 1/2 Cup Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cup Angel Flake Coconut
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- Mix cake as directed on box and bake in oblong ( 9 x 13) pan.
- Combine sugar, milk and 1/2 cup coconut in sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer one minute.
- Punch holes in cake with wooden spoon or straw. Carefully pour warm liquid over cake, allowing it to seep through and cool completely.
- Fold 1/2 cup coconut into CoolWhip spread onto top of cooled cake. Then sprinkle the rest of the coconut on top of cake.