Classic Eggnog (Non-alcoholic)
Wednesday, December 6th 2006, 2:50 pm CST
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt, optional
4 cups (1 qt) milk
1 tsp vanilla
Garnish (ideas: nutmeg, candy cane, whipped cream, cinnamon stick)
- In large saucepan, beat together eggs, sugar and salt.
- Stir in 2 cups of the milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining 2 cups milk and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, pour into bowl or pitcher.
- Garnish with your favorite topping.