Crawfish Boil Casserole
Recipe from Gwen Hoover of La.
- 2 lbs. peeled crawfish tails, left over from boil
- 6 or 8 potatoes, from boil
- 2 heads garlic, from boil
- 3 medium onions, from boil
- 1/2 lb. sausage, from boil
- 1 cup mushrooms, from boil
- 2 8 oz. cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lg. pkg. shreaded cheese, your choice
- 4 slices Velveeta cheese
Peel tails and reserve. Squeeze 2 heads of garlic and mix with peeled tails. Peel and chop onions and add to mix. Slice mushrooms and add to mix. Dice sausage and add to mix. Stir in 2 cans cream of mushroom soup. Mix all ingredients well. Spray bottom and sides of a large casserole dish well with non stick spray. Slice potatoes with skins on and line bottom of casserole dish. Layer crawfish mix over potatoes then generously sprinkle shreaded cheese on top. Repeat layers one more time. When final layer of shreaded cheese is applied, cut Velveeta cheese slices into four strips and lay on top of casserole. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and bake for 30 to 45 minutes depending on your oven. Cut and serve as you would lasagna.