Save up to $800 with the best smartphone deals for June 2018
There are many different reasons you might be in dire need of a new phone, though perhaps one of the biggest complaints when it comes to any old cell phone is battery life. With companies like Apple, Samsung, OnePlus, Huawei, and Motorola recently rolling out new flagship devices, now is your chance to take advantage of slashed prices on quality smartphones that will blow your old model out of the water.
If your phone needs an update and you’re ready to score a discount on a new wireless device, here are a handful of smartphone deals available right now. The list includesa few sales on unlocked smartphones, as well as some carrier offers that can save you as much as $800. Getting a new phone shouldn’t cost you an arm and a leg.
The best deal
T-Mobile is currently offering a bunch of buy one, get one deals on Apple and LG phones. LG devices includeLG V30,LG G6, and all-new LG G7 ThinQ: When you purchase two of these devices (either outright or on an installment plan), you can receive bill credits worth up to $800 toward your second LG phone of equal or lesser value.
Carrier smartphone deals
Cellular service providers regularly offer enticing incentives to get you to switch to their LTE plans. So if you’re looking for a new carrier, and that 4G LTE, you can save a good chunk of changeand even score a free device by taking advantage of one of the best smartphone deals from Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, or AT&T:
- Verizon:Verizon Wireless is offering some nice discounts on a ton of flagship phones right now. With a select trade-in, you can take 50 percent off theGoogle Pixel 2,Pixel 2 XL,iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus,iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy Note8, Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9 Plus, LG V30, andMotorola Z2 Force.
- Sprint:Sprint currently has some big discounts on Android phones, along with buy one, get one deals on Apple devices, letting you score a second iPhone 8 for free (a $700 value) when you buy aniPhone 8,iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone Xon a “rent-to-own” Sprint Flex lease. The iPhone X is also on sale by itself for $360, or 50 percent off. Android deals let you score the Samsung Galaxy S9 for $297, the Galaxy S9 Plus for $387,or the LG V30 Plus for $342, taking 50 percent off when you purchase any of these with an 18-month Sprint Flex lease.
- AT&T:AT&Thas a few nice BOGO deals on name-brand Android and Apple flagships: Buy twoiPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus,iPhone X,Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9 Plus, or dual-screen ZTE Axom Msmartphones on AT&T Next and enjoy up to $790 back in bill credits towards the value of the second phone.
Unlocked smartphone deals
Carrier offers typically require you to sign up for a specific service or to trade in an old device to get your discount. These smartphone deals, on the other hand, let you enjoy big savings on these unlocked mobile phones when you buy them outright:
- LG V30S ThinQ: LG’s latest, the V30S ThinQ, is a 2018 refresh of the excellent V30. You don’t need to tie yourself to a carrier to score a deal on this Android flagship, though: B&H has an exclusive deal that lets you buy it for $680, a savings of $250.
- Nokia 6.1: The Nokia 6.1 is all-new for 2018, and it’s arguably the best budget Android phone to come out this year, with hardware that outshines most other cheap smartphones. B&H has unlocked models in stock now for $269.
- Essential Phone: The Essential Phone is a relative newcomer to the smartphone scene, and it’s a winner. It’s got a great bezel-less design, a large and vibrant HD display, and excellent hardware under the hood. Best Buy has the unlocked Essential Phone for $450, saving you $50 if you activate it today.
- Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact:Sony’s Xperia X lineup remains highly underrated in the huge market of Android smartphones, with these devices offeringflagship-like features at midrange prices. The Xperia XZ1 is a shining example of the value that Sony’s phones provide (especially if you prefer a smaller phone) and comes in at just $370 from Amazonwith a $230 discount.
- Moto E4:For one of the cheapest brand-name Android phones you can buy, check out the 4th-generation Moto E. B&H has this smartphone on sale for just $130. This phone is fully unlocked and ready to use with any GSM carrier and select CDMA carriers.
- Huawei Honor 6X: Huawei has entered the smartphone scene with a number of budget-friendly alternatives to brand-name flagships, and its surprisingly great Honor 6X is a sleeper hit that you may have missed. The Huawei Honor 6X is available for $170 from Amazon.
- Moto G5 Plus: The Moto G is still one of the best budget Android smartphones on the market today, and Prime members can score the unlocked fifth-generation G Plus on sale for $205 from Amazon after a $25 discount.
- Blu Vivo XL3: Blu is also a relatively new player that has challenged Motorola’s dominance in the “budget Android phone” market. The dual-sim Vivo XL3 boasts specs that compare with phones well above this price, and the unlocked 5.5-inch 32GB model rings in at just $130 on Amazon($59 off).
- Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe: Even at its normal price of $300, the Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe is one of the better non-flagship Android phones out there. Now, you can take another $100 off, bringing this device down to an affordable $200 from B&H.
- Google Pixel:Another fantastic 2017 flagship (and another one of our favorites) is the Google Pixel XL. You can grab an unlocked 32GB model for $335 from Amazonand save $315 off of its retail price.
- Samsung Galaxy S7:The Samsung Galaxy S8 may beone of the best Android devices on the market, but theGalaxy S7 is still a solid smartphone, and you can now score one for $470 from B&H and enjoy a discount of $100. The sleek Galaxy S7 Edge is also on sale for $170 off, bringing it down to $430 for the gold model.
Updated on June 1: Added the new Verizon trade-in offers and unlocked LG V30S ThinQ smartphone deal. Removed expired offers and updated prices.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.