CHICKASHA, Oklahoma - A double homicide suspect is shot and killed following a high-speed chase. On Sunday, OSBI investigators worked two scenes, one near Pocasset where the pursuit ended and another in Chickasha, where officers discovered two bodies in a home.

At 5 a.m., Chickasha police responded to a disturbance call at the 900 block of N. 12th Street. When officers arrived, they found two people dead inside and a suspect running from the scene.

“We didn't know what was going on,” said one woman who lives next door and didn’t want to be identified.

She and others living on this block woke up to a crime scene.

“The first thought that went through our heads is we hope those little girls are ok,” she said.

Police discovered two people shot to death inside the home. According to neighbors, one of them was a mother of two little girls, who were home at the time.

“We were heartbroken to know what happened,” she said. “She was a real hardworking woman, she took care of her kids every single day. She went to work, came home, got them a house and made sure they were fed and dressed.”

Neighbors said the woman had just broken up with her boyfriend.

“After she broke up with him, the cops came here and tried to get him out of the house, they did get him out of the house went ahead and changed the locks on the front door,” the neighbor said.

Officers on scene Sunday, saw a man run from the house, jump in a white pickup truck and take off.

“Chickasha Police Department started the pursuit when he fled here and the Grady County Sheriff's Office and OHP assisted,” said Lynne Williams, OSBI Asst. Special Agent in Charge.

All three agencies chased the suspect along US HWY 81 for about 10 miles until he crashed out just north of Pocasset.

“One of our troopers preformed a tactical vehicle intervention move, the vehicle rolled,” said Lt. Kera Philippi with OHP. “Shots were fired, fired by all three agencies and the suspect is deceased.”

Investigators recovered the suspect's weapon at the scene. Back in Chickasha, crime scene tape draped along the property line is a reminder of what happened.

“She was a good neighbor, I wouldn't have suspected something like this would happen though,” another neighbor said, who didn’t want to be identified. “It’s terrible.”

The victims and suspect names are not being released at this time. According to neighbors, the two young girls are safe with family.