- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal***
- 1 package semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter or 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium sized saucepan, bring the sugar and corn syrup to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and stir in 1 cup peanut butter.
- Pour the cereal in a large bowl and then stir in the warm peanut butter and sugar mixture.
- Stir together and then pour into the prepared pan.
- Press the mixture evenly into the pan.
- In a small bowl microwave the chocolate chips and peanut butter.
- Stir until chocolate chips are smooth.
- Pour over the top of the cereal bars and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
- Cut in to bars and serve.