Monday, April 30th 2018, 4:18 PM CDT
- 3 loaves Rhodes White Bread, thawed (freezer section)
- Food Coloring: red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple
- Cut each of the loaves in half.
- In an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, place one of the dough balls in the bowl.
- Turn on the mixer and add food coloring.
- Continue mixing until the dough ball and coloring are completely combined.
- Add a teaspoon of flour to aid in the mixing if needed.
- Once the dough is done remove from the bowl and continue with the next color
****Note- I start with yellow, orange, red. Then I wipe the bowl out with a damp cloth. Then continue with green, blue and last purple. ***
To Shape the Bread:
- Roll out the RED dough ball into a 6x9 rectangle. (No need to be exact.)
- Then continue with orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.
- Laying each one on top of the other.
- Once all the colors are placed roll out the colors together.
- This allows any air bubbles to escape so you do not have holes in your bread.
- Roll the bread up and place in a prepared bread pan.
- Spray a piece of plastic wrap and place on top of the bread.
- Set the loaf in a warm spot to rise for 1 1/2-2 hours or double in size.
- Remove the plastic wrap and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove the bread from the oven and then set each loaf (out of the pan) on a rack to cool.
- Cover with a dish towel while cooling.
- Serve with your favorite butter!
Cinnamon Toast Butter
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix the butter, sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Scoop out the butter onto a piece of plastic wrap.
- Fold the plastic wrap over the butter and form a log.
- Twist each of the ends tight and refrigerate till you are ready to use.
- Cut a slice for your toast.