Monday, April 9th 2018, 4:34 PM CDT
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut thin
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Olive oil
- 8-10 frozen artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Italian parsley
- Use a large skillet over medium high heat, drizzle a generous amount of olive oil into the bottom of the pan.
- Heat the skillet to medium high heat. Make sure not to allow the olive oil to "smoke".
- In a small pie pan or plate, mix together the flour, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Dredge the flattened chicken breast in the flour mixture.
- Place the chicken breasts in the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Remove the chicken to a plate while you make the sauce.
- Reduce the heat and pour in the chicken stock and wine. Make sure to scrape up all of the little bits on the bottom.
- Stir in the sliced garlic, artichoke hearts and capers.
- Continue to cook till liquid reduces by half.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to smooth sauce.
- Now, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the chicken cutlets to the sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite pasta or with steamed broccoli.