Mommy's Apricot Coffee Cake
Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 4:23 PM CST
Mommy’s Apricot Coffee Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- Apricot jam
Pecan Streusel topping:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray bottom and side of pie pan with cooking spray.
- In small bowl or food processor add all of the streusel ingredients except for the pecans.
- Pulse until the Butter is thoroughly combined and crumbly. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, stir coffee cake ingredients until blended.
- Spread about 1 cup of the batter in pan.
- Spread 1/2 cup of apricot jam over the cake batter.
- Sprinkle with about 3/4 cup of the streusel.
- Drop remaining batter over top of streusel; spread carefully over streusel.
- Sprinkle remaining streusel over top.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 30 minutes before serving. Serve warm or cool.