NW OKC House Fire Caused By Mosquito Candle Ignites Car - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

NEWS

NW OKC House Fire Caused By Mosquito Candle Ignites Car

Posted: Updated:
OKLAHOMA CITY -

Authorities responded to a house fire caused by a mosquito candle, Monday morning. 

The home is located off 122nd St. & Western Avenue in northwest Oklahoma City. Homeowners said a burning mosquito candle was sitting in the garage on a plastic shelf when it burned through the shelf and rolled under the homeowners' car. The car was then set on fire. 

Homeowners told police they were alerted of the fire by their dogs, who barked at crackling noises coming from the garage. OKC Fire responded to the call and put out the fire. 

One vehicle is considered a total loss. No damage was reported to the home or any residents. 

Special Features

iPhone App

Get breaking news, weather, sports & video directly on your iPhone.

Politics

Breaking political news & the latest headlines from the state capitol & D.C.

Radars

See where weather is happening using our live interactive radars.

Technology

Spend your money wisely with reviews of new tech gadgets & the latest news in technology.

TV Schedule

Need to know what's on TV? Check out our television schedule.

Live Radar

WARN Interactive
Powered by Frankly
News 9
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 KWTV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.