Tuna Noodle Casserole
Monday, June 20th 2005, 11:13 am CDT
Heather Greenbaum, R.D., nu-train
What you need:
- 2 packages of drained and rinsed tofu shiritaki noodles (found in the produce section of the health food store or in Japanese food stores)
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen cut green beans
- 1 1/2 6-oz. cans water-packed chunk light tuna, drained
- 3 tbsp. dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup skim (nonfat) milk or unflavored soy milk
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a 2-quart heat-proof casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In prepared baking dish, mix soup and milk to combine.
- Add noodles (make sure they are rinsed and drained), beans, tuna, mixing to coat and combine.
- Cover pan with foil and bake until bubbling hot, about 20 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake until crumbs are lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Serve hot.