OKC Police Release Video From Airport Shooting
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Police Department releases surveillance video from a shooting at Will Rogers World Airport Wednesday. The video shows the gunman, 45-year-old Lloyd Dean Buie, parking his truck in the garage and walking around.
According to police, just before 1 p.m., Tuesday, November 16, officers responded to the report of a shooting at the airport. When they arrived, they found 52-year-old Michael Winchester on the east side of Terminal Drive. Police believe Winchester was shot as he was leaving work and walking to his car.
During the investigation, the airport was closed for several hours. Buie’s body was found inside a parked vehicle with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
Authorities released the following timeline of events for the shooting:
- 11/11/16 – 1:47 p.m. – Suspect arrives at WRWA in his truck.
- 11/11/16 – 5:40 p.m. – Suspect leaves WRWA in a taxi.
- 11/15/16 – 10:19 a.m. – Suspect arrives at WRWA in a taxi.
- 11/15/16 – 10:24 a.m. – Suspect walks to his truck.
- 11/15/16 – 12:46 p.m. – Victim is shot.
- 11/15/16 – 1:26 p.m. – Suspect shoots himself.
"We can't say with 100 percent certainty that it was Mr. Winchester he was waiting for," Oklahoma City police Capt. Paco Balderrama said.
He said it could have been any of Buie's former co-workers that he had a vendetta against.
Balderrama is certain that this was a premeditated homicide. The investigation showed that there were no accomplices were involved.