After-Work Meal Goes Awry, Catches Oven On Fire - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

NEWS

After-Work Meal Goes Awry, Catches Oven On Fire

Posted: Updated:
OKLAHOMA CITY -

An apartment near NW 14th and Robinson is left with severe smoke damage after the oven caught fire overnight.

Fire crews tell us someone inside the apartment turned on their oven to pre-heat for a meal but what they didn't know is someone else in the apartment had put Tupperware and other items inside the oven. That's when the plastic caught fire.

Crews say they were told the containers were put inside the oven because the apartment was set to be sprayed for pests today.

The fire was contained to only the inside of the oven but smoke filled the entire apartment, causing about $5,000 in damage.

The residents are OK and had to stay at a friend's place for the night.

Special Features

iPhone App

Get breaking news, weather, sports & video directly on your iPhone.

Politics

Breaking political news & the latest headlines from the state capitol & D.C.

Radars

See where weather is happening using our live interactive radars.

Technology

Spend your money wisely with reviews of new tech gadgets & the latest news in technology.

TV Schedule

Need to know what's on TV? Check out our television schedule.

Live Radar

WARN Interactive
Powered by Frankly
News 9
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 KWTV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.