Regional Food Bank Of OK In Need Of Donations This Holiday Season
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma is asking for the public’s help this season.
The nonprofit reports monetary donation are down compared to this time last year. They say support from the community is needed to ensure Oklahomans have enough to eat this winter.
The Regional Food Bank has a list of ways you can help out:
- Embrace the spirit of giving. Thanks to a generous matching challenge from APMEX.com, the Cresap Family Foundation and Chesapeake Energy Corporation, every gift received through Jan. 15 will be matched, dollar for dollar - up to $600,000, for a total impact of $1.2 million. Every dollar donated will have double the impact and will provide 10 meals for Oklahomans struggling with hunger this winter. To make a donation call 405-600-3136 or visit regionalfoodbank.org.
- Spread cheer and volunteer. During each shift, volunteers pack enough food to fill a tractor trailer with food. Sign up now to volunteer in January and February.
- Shine a light on hunger. Visit the Downs Family Christmas, located at 2900 72nd Ave. S.E. in Norman, from 6 to 10 p.m. this holiday season to see more than 13 miles of lights flicker in the night. While the show is free to enjoy, food and fund donations for the Regional Food Bank are encouraged.
- Make a gift in honor or memory of a loved one. Make a gift in honor or in memory of your loved ones by sending a Holiday eCard and make a difference in the life of a hungry Oklahoman.
- Spread holiday cheer. When you do your Holiday shopping at AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5 percent of the purchase price to Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma. Bookmark the link http://bitly.com/RFBOAmazon and support Oklahomans struggling with hunger every time you shop.
- Perk Place Cafe will donate 25 cents from each transaction to the Regional Food Bank’s Food for Kids programs. Perk Place Cafe is located at 1649 W 33rd St. in Edmond.
- Watch Lyric Theatre’s A Christmas Carol. Lyric will once again raise money for the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma during the run of A Christmas Carol, presented by Devon Energy. The show runs through December 24 at the Plaza Theatre. Funds will be raised through the collection of cash donations at the end of each performance.
- Cheer on Enes Kanter at the OKC Thunder home games. For every rebound and basket Enes makes during December’s home games, he will donate 10 meals to the Regional Food Bank’s Food for Kids program.