Several Treated For Bee Stings After Hive Transaction Goes Awry In SE OKC
OKLAHOMA CITY - Several people are being treated for bee stings after hive sale went awry in southeast Oklahoma City.
It happened at a Walmart Neighborhood Market in the 4900 block of S. Sooner Rd.
According to the Oklahoma City Fire Department, a person selling the hive was meeting with a buyer at that location when they inadvertently released the bees.
Beekeeper responding to the Walmart at 4900 S Sooner. The store was evacuated. 3 adults transported now!— Oklahoma City Fire (@OKCFD) August 6, 2016
Two EMSA units were requested at the scene. Right now it isn’t clear how many people were stung. Authorities say three adult patients were transported from the scene to a local hospital. Their conditions are not known at this time. A firefighter responding to the scene was also stung, but did not need medical attention.
People are being asked to avoid the area until the situation is resolved. The parking lot has been blocked off for the time being.
Keep checking with News 9 and News9.com for more information.