9 Taken To OKC Hospital After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

9 Taken To OKC Hospital After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Posted: Updated:
[FIle Photo] [FIle Photo]
YUKON, Oklahoma -

The Oklahoma City Fire Department says nine occupants of a home in Yukon were transported to the hospital to be evaluated for carbon monoxide poisoning early Saturday morning.

At 6:22 a.m., crews responded to a home at 2125 Dogwood Creek Ave., after a report of a person being passed out.

According to OKCFD, electricity to the home was recently cut off, and a portable generator was being used to provide power. The generator was left running inside the garage with the garage doors open.

When firefighters arrived, they monitored the air and detected a CO reading from outside the home. So, firefighters made entry while wearing self-contained breathing apparatus. They located the unconscious adult male, and took him outside where he regained consciousness.

Firefighters said high levels of Carbon Monoxide were detected inside the home.

According to OKCFD, in all, there were three adults and six children inside the home and they were all transported to a local hospital to be evaluated for Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

OKCFD said they want to remind people that portable generators should only be used outdoors away from windows, doors, or vents which could allow deadly CO into the home. And that it is never safe to use a portable generator inside a garage, even if the doors are open.  

Powered by Frankly
News 9
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KWTV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.