Quotes that inspire tributes to Mom
By Elena Donovan Mauer
1. “My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.” George Washington
Make Mom Smile: Write your mother a thank-you note. Express gratitude for anything and everything she’s given you -- from the dimple on your cheek to knowing all the words to “Stand by Me.” Doesn’t she deserve a thank-you -- or few thousand?
2. “A man’s work is from sun to sun, but a mother’s work is never done.” Author Unknown
Make Mom Smile: Give her a day off, do whatever it is that needs to be done: lawn mowing, flower planting, floor mopping. Hand her a margarita (or whatever else mom likes) and tell her to put her feet up.
3. “No one in the world can take the place of your mother. Right or wrong, from her viewpoint you are always right. She may scold you for little things, but never for the big ones.” Harry Truman
Make Mom Smile: Next time she gives you a lecture, don’t immediately get angry. In fact, you may want to just laugh it off or hold your tongue completely. It’s a mother’s natural instinct to want the best for her child -- no matter how old you are -- so know that when she gives you a hard time, she’s just trying to push you in the right direction.
4. “The future destiny of a child is always the work of the mother.” Napoleon Bonaparte
Make Mom Smile: Succeed! Sometimes the best reward for a mom is seeing her child get a promotion, help someone through volunteer work or run a marathon. Not only will she feel good knowing you’ve done it, but you will too.
5. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” Victor Hugo
Make Mom Smile: How many times have mom’s hugs brightened your day? Be sure to reciprocate but giving her a huge hug -- as soon as you can!
6. “When your mother asks, ‘Do you want a piece of advice?’ it is a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.” Erma Bombeck
Make Mom Smile: Listen to mom’s advice and really consider it -- there’s wisdom there. Maybe you don’t take her suggestion to buy that not-so-cute pair of shoes, but when she says you should join that softball league, what have you got to lose?
7. “When you feel neglected, think of the female salmon, who lays 3,000,000 eggs but no one remembers her on Mother’s Day.” Sam Ewing
Make Mom Smile: Don’t make her feel like a salmon! A simple card, a bouquet of flowers, or a day spent with her should definitely do the trick -- any day!
Copyright © 2018 PaliMedia. All rights reserved.