1. The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents, at least 18 years of age, who reside in the News 9 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. ("DMA") except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. For a copy of the DMA Map, visit www.News9.com/contests. Employees of News 9, Tyler Media and their affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest ("Contest Entities") and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest.
2. Only one (1) prize may be awarded per household. Winners from other contests sponsored or conducted by News 9 within thirty (30) days preceding the beginning of this contest are not eligible for this contest.
3. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
4. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
5. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by News 9, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner's acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
6. "Contest Officials" designated by the management of News 9 shall be responsible for interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules.
7. Contest Officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
8. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
9. News 9 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest for any reason.
10. How to enter: Participant's may enter the 2013 Go See Garth Getaway by watching News 9 at 4pm, 5pm and/or 6pm every weekday starting Monday, November 18, 2013 and ending Thursday, November 21, 2013. A cue to enter will be displayed during each broadcast giving the viewer a short code and the daily keyword. Participants will have until 11:59 pm that same day to submit their entry via text. Contest will end at 4:00pm, Friday, November 22, 2013. Additionally, listeners may receive additional entries by listening to KJKE- 93.3 JAKE FM each weekday morning starting Monday, November 18, 2013 and ending Friday, November 22, 2013. A cue to text will be announced during radio broadcast, giving listeners a short code and the daily keyword. To enter, text the correct keyword to the short code given. Standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply. No more than one (1) entry, per phone number, per newscast or radio broadcast each weekday (a total of 4 text–to-win entries each day), will be accepted. Deadline to enter is November 22, 2013 at 4:00pm. One (1) winner will be selected by random number generator from all entries received via text and win AND all qualified entries received from JAKE FM.
11. Alternate form of Entry: Participants may enter the 2013 Go See Garth Getaway online by completing the entry form located at: www.News9.com/garth. Entries will be accepted from November 18-November 22nd at 4:00pm.
12. Alternate Form of Entry for Alternate Form of Entry: Participants may also submit a postcard entry via mail or delivery to News 9: 2013 Go See Garth Getaway, 7401 N. Kelley Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73111. Postcard entry must include participant's name, age, address, town, phone number and email address (include "None" if there is not an email address). Entries must be received by 4:00 pm on Friday, November 22, 2013. No more than one (1) entry, per person, per weekday, will be accepted. Photocopies, facsimiles or other reproductions will not be eligible. Only postcard entries will be accepted via mail or hand delivery.
13. If the prize winner cannot be notified by within 24 hours of the winner selection, does not timely return the signed Statement of Prizewinner or for other reasons set forth in these rules, is determined not to be an eligible winner, the prize(s) will be awarded to an alternate winner.
14. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed except at the Contest Entities' sole discretion due to prize unavailability. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Any prize awarded in this Contest must be claimed within ten (10) working days of winner's notification by News 9 or sooner, depending upon the specific prize or contest.
15. Prize: One (1) winner will be selected by random number generator from ALL entries received, including, but not limited to, entries received from JAKE FM, Text & Win Entries, Postcard Entries and Online Entries. One (1) winner will receive a Go See Garth Getaway Prize Pack which includes: two (2) tickets to see "Garth Brooks, Live in Las Vegas" on Friday, Nov. 29, 2013, two (2) round-trip airfare tickets from Oklahoma City to Las Vegas, two (2) night stay for two people at Treasure Island-Las Vegas and one (1) $250.00 VISA gift card. Prize amount was determined as follows: Two tickets to Garth Brooks Live in Las Vegas $500.00, Airline Tickets $750.00, Hotel for 2 nights at Treasure Island-Las Vegas $350.00, $250.00 Spending Money. Total Approximate Prize Value: $1,850.00.
16. Winner will be notified on or before November 24, 2013 at 12:00pm. Winner(s) must sign and return a Statement of Prizewinner provided by News 9. The signed Statement of Prizewinner must be received by News 9 within ten (10) days of the winner's notification. Winner(s) must show photo identification to claim prizes. News 9 reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud.
17. Odds of winning depend on the number of contest entries received.
18. Facebook is in no way affiliated with this promotion, the prizes or the form of entries.
19. Complete rules are available at News 9 Monday through Friday during normal business hours or at www.News9.com.
20. News 9 and/or CBS, Tyler Media is not responsible for replacement prize in the event of concert cancellation. In the event of concert cancellation no substitute prizes will be allowed or awarded.
Standard messaging charges apply per your carrier. Send HELP to (79640) for information. Send STOP to (79640) to opt out of the service. For Full Terms & Conditions, please visit (79640)" Note: Standard Terms & Conditions are also available at http://store2.hipcricket.com/standard-termsEandP.asp
Full terms and conditions are also available at news9.com.