Several Families Displaced After Apartment Fire In Bethany
BETHANY, Oklahoma - A fire Tuesday night at an apartment complex in Bethany left several families homeless.
Firefighters responded to the fire just after 9 p.m. at the Belmont Apartments, located at N.W. 16th and Rockwell in Bethany.
Neighbors say one resident rushed from door to door, warning people about the fire.
Fire crews arrived within minutes and quickly doused the flames. News 9 has learned several units were damaged by either smoke or fire.
Fire officials are working to figure out what sparked the fire, but they believe a lighting fixture outside one of the apartment units malfunctioned and caught fire.
The Red Cross is helping several displaced families, including one with small children.