Firefighters Knock Out Blaze At South Norman Apartment Complex - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Firefighters Knock Out Blaze At South Norman Apartment Complex

Posted: Updated:
Food left unattended on a stove started a fire Wednesday night at a Norman apartment complex. Food left unattended on a stove started a fire Wednesday night at a Norman apartment complex.
NORMAN, Oklahoma -

Crews responded Wednesday night to an apartment fire on the south side of Norman.

It happened at a complex near state highway 9 and Interstate 35.

Crews were able to get the fire under control, though damage estimates have not been released at this time.

Authorities on scene say firefighters will remain at the complex to keep an eye on hot spots, until they are sure it won't flare up again.

No one was hurt in the fire. Investigators say the fire started when food was left unattended on a stove in an apartment. There were no working smoke detectors in that apartment.

Special Features

iPhone App

Get breaking news, weather, sports & video directly on your iPhone.

Politics

Breaking political news & the latest headlines from the state capitol & D.C.

Radars

See where weather is happening using our live interactive radars.

Technology

Spend your money wisely with reviews of new tech gadgets & the latest news in technology.

TV Schedule

Need to know what's on TV? Check out our television schedule.

Live Radar

WARN Interactive
Powered by Frankly
News 9
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KWTV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.