1. The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents, at least 18 years of age, who reside in NEWS 9 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. ("DMA") except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. For a copy of the DMA Map, visit www.News9.com/contests or click here. Employees of NEWS 9 and its affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest ("Contest Entities") and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest.
2. Only one (1) prize may be awarded per household. Winners from other contests sponsored or conducted by NEWS 9 within thirty (30) days preceding the beginning of this contest are not eligible for this contest.
3. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
4. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
5. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by NEWS 9, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner's acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
6. "Contest Officials" designated by the management of NEWS 9 shall be responsible for interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules.
7. Contest Officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
8. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
9. NEWS 9 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest for any reason.
10. How to enter: Viewers may participate in the 2013 Great Grocery Giveaway by watching News 9 @ 10 p.m., each weekday, starting Monday, October 28, 2013 and ending Wednesday, November 27, 2013. A cue to call will be displayed during the broadcast, giving the viewer the contest phone number, daily keyword and winning caller number. When the cue to call is shown, viewer must call the contest phone number displayed, be the correct caller number and repeat the keyword to win. One (1) winner will be selected each weekday during promotional period. Standard telephone rates apply.
11. Alternate Form of Entry: Each weekday, starting Monday, October 28, 2013 and ending Wednesday, November 27, 2013, one (1) prize will be given away through the Alternate Form of Entry. A cue to text will be displayed during Six in the Morning each weekday morning, giving the viewer a short code to text and the daily keyword. Participants will have until noon 12:00pm (CST) that same day to submit their entry via text. Winner will be chosen by random number generator. Standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply. No more than one (1) entry, per phone number, per weekday, will be accepted.
12. Alternate Form of Entry for Alternate Form of Entry: Participants may also submit a postcard entry via mail or delivery to NEWS 9: 2013 Great Grocery Giveaway, 7401 N. Kelley Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73111. Postcard entry must include participant's name, age, address, town, phone number and email address (include "None" if there is not an email address). Entries must be received by 4:00 pm, on a weekday, and will be added to the other Alternate Form of Entries for the following weekday. No more than one (1) entry, per person, per weekday, will be accepted. Photocopies, facsimiles or other reproductions will not be eligible.
13. If the prize winner cannot be notified within seven (7) days of the winner selection, does not timely return the signed Statement of Prizewinner or for other reasons set forth in these rules, is determined not to be an eligible winner, the prize(s) will be awarded to an alternate winner.
14. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed except at the Contest Entities' sole discretion due to prize unavailability. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Any prize awarded in this Contest must be claimed within ten (10) working days of winner's notification by NEWS 9 or sooner, depending upon the specific prize or contest.
15. Prize: One (1) $1,000 Homeland Gift Card valid at any participating Homeland grocery store location (Value: $1,000).
16. Last Chance Entry: One (1) $1,000 grocery gift card will be awarded through the "Last Chance" Form of Entry. Participants may enter the "Last Chance" drawing by completing the online registration form located at www.News9.com/grocery. Deadline to enter is 11:59p.m. (CST) on December 1, 2013 @ midnight. Winner will be chosen by random number generator and will be contacted by phone on or before 5:00pm (CST) on December 4, 2013. Only one (1) entry per person is accepted for the Last Chance drawing.
17. Winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email. Winner(s) must sign and return a Statement of Prizewinner provided by NEWS 9. The signed Statement of Prizewinner must be received by NEWS 9 within ten (10) days of the winner's notification. Winner(s) must show photo identification to claim prizes. NEWS 9 reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud.
18. Odds of winning depend on the number of contest entries received.
19. Facebook is in no way affiliated with this contest.
20. Complete rules are available at NEWS 9 Monday through Friday during normal business hours or at www.News9.com.
Standard messaging charges apply per your carrier. Send HELP to (79640) for information. Send STOP to (79640) to opt out of the service. For Full Terms & Conditions, please visit (79640)" Note: Standard Terms & Conditions are also available at http://store2.hipcricket.com/standard-termsEandP.asp
Full terms and conditions are also available at www.News9.com.