The leading maker of gas cans in the US, Blitz USA based out of Miami, Oklahoma went under on Tuesday. Not because of slow sales, but because people who ignored the warning labels on the gas cans and poured gas on fires burning themselves sued the company out of business.
Here's what you had to say.
DJ in Norman first:
"The closing of "Blitz" is what happens when you let attorneys get involved."
Kyle in Ardmore: "You can't fix stupid with a warning label."
Rodney from Lexington writes: "Those 117 employees should have the right to sue each one of those idiots that can't read for their loss of livelihood!"
Gail in Edmond: "It is not their fault that people won't take responsibility for their own actions. Ignorance is rewarded at an all-time high these days."
Karen from Norman: "I don't recall the Bill of Rights guaranteeing the ‘right' to sue."
Skip in Newcastle asks: "Why not take the oil company to court because gas is flammable?
Matthew in Bethany writes: "You don't pour gasoline on an already burning fire. It's called adding fuel to the fire, morons!!"
Finally Kent from Woodward says: "Remove the warning labels from all products and we can eliminate a lot of the really stupid people in the world."
I'm Kelly Ogle and that's YOUR 2 Cents.
Find news on Oklahoma's economy, local business, the banking industry and more.
Been a victim of a scam? The Consumer Watch team investigates and gives helpful advice.
Looking for a website you heard mentioned on News 9? Find it here!
Get the latest breaking news, current events and headlines effecting Oklahomans.
Are you aware of incidents of fraud, corruption, government waste? We investigate.
Thanks so much for giving me Your 2 Cents. I read every e-mail I get and appreciate your comments. Be looking for Your 2 Cents Monday through Friday on NEWS 9 at 10. Thanks so much, Kelly Ogle, NEWS 9 Anchor