OKC Family Talks About Kidnapping, Suspect Still At Large - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

OKC Family Talks About Kidnapping, Suspect Still At Large

Posted: Updated:
Taleah Hill, 2 Taleah Hill, 2

An overnight Amber Alert ends with a baby girl back home, but the accused kidnapper who held her grandmother at gunpoint is still on the loose Saturday night.

Two-year-old Taleah Hill is safe. Family members carried the tired toddler in after being checked out at Children's hospital. They are overwhelmed with different emotions as they contemplate how different the outcome could have been.

"She's home safe," Taleah Hill's mother, Kristena Brazel said Saturday, bringing the baby girl home from the hospital.

"That's my brother's only thing he got and you took something precious," Taleah's aunt Ashley Hill said.

Brazel says she's exhausted after what she describes as the worst night of her life.

6/9/2012 Related Story: Police Seek Suspect In Spencer Carjacking, Kidnapping Of Toddler

"I just got the phone call, the worst phone call you'd ever want to receive," Brazel said. "Someone tells you your child is missing."

Spencer Police Chief Virgil Green felt the same heartache. Also a parent, Green says the police department received the call from Taleah's grandma's house around 11:30 p.m.. Friday.

 "It's a parent's worst nightmare," said Green.

FBI and Oklahoma officers searched all night for Taleah. An Amber Alert was issued around 2 a.m. Saturday and the news went out nationwide.

"This child was missing for well over six or seven hours. We had no clue where she was at, parents didn't know, she didn't know," Green said.

Taleah's quick trip with grandma to get some groceries didn't end there.

"The subject had a very large gun," said Green, describing what the child's grandma saw when she went for another trip to get more groceries. Other than that, the description of the suspect is vague, but police say someone knows something and the family hopes and prays whoever did this gets arrested or comes forward.

Police say a man put a gun to the grandma's face and told her to go inside her house, and then drove off with the SUV and the baby.

"He knew the baby was in there," Green said. "We don't know what that 2 year old went through from 11:30 to when we found her this morning,"

Taleah was checked out at Children's hospital Saturday and her mom says she's physically ok. The Oklahoma County Sheriff's office is investigating and asking for the public's help. If you know anything about this crime, call police. You can remain anonymous.

Special Features

iPhone App

Get breaking news, weather, sports & video directly on your iPhone.


Breaking political news & the latest headlines from the state capitol & D.C.


See where weather is happening using our live interactive radars.


Spend your money wisely with reviews of new tech gadgets & the latest news in technology.

TV Schedule

Need to know what's on TV? Check out our television schedule.

Live Radar

WARN Interactive
Powered by Frankly
News 9
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KWTV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.