OKLAHOMA CITY - Traffic on the Broadway Extension was shut down for almost two hours Thursday evening as firefighters battled a blaze near Wilshire Blvd.

The four-alarm fire broke out in the American Propane Company about 5:45 p.m.  The first crews on the scene reported heavy smoke coming from the building.

Upon entry into the structure, the fire appeared to be contained to an office and showroom area.

No employees were in the building when the fire broke out.  All had left for the night.

Police shut down all lanes of traffic on the Broadway Extension and the service roads on either side as a precaution.

A fire in the same business in 2000 ignited hundreds of propane cylinders and destroyed the building.

Thursday's fire never reached the warehouse structures and no explosions were reported.

About 75 firefighters brought the blaze under control shortly after seven o'clock.

No injuries were reported.

Preliminary indications are the fire started in a furnace closet.

The Broadway Extension was reopened shortly after seven p.m.