Space Heater May Be To Blame For NW OKC House Fire - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Space Heater May Be To Blame For NW OKC House Fire

Posted: Updated:
The fire broke out shortly before 2 a.m. Tuesday. The fire broke out shortly before 2 a.m. Tuesday.
OKLAHOMA CITY -

A fire destroyed a house in northwest Oklahoma City early Tuesday morning while the family is gone on vacation. 

According to the fire department, the fire broke out shortly before 2 a.m. Tuesday, in Braden Park near Northwest 122nd Street and Rockwell Avenue.

Neighbors behind the home said their dogs woke them up. They looked out the window, saw heavy flames and called 911. There was little fire crews could do to save the home by the time they arrived.

"Our crews did an excellent job for the amount of fire we had. When we got there, the entire rear of the structure, from the ground into the attic, was well involved. We had fire all the way through the attic, throughout the house and we had to go to defensive operations," said Chief Steve Lumry with the Oklahoma City Fire Department.

Investigators think a space heater may have started the fire.

Special Features

iPhone App

Get breaking news, weather, sports & video directly on your iPhone.

Politics

Breaking political news & the latest headlines from the state capitol & D.C.

Radars

See where weather is happening using our live interactive radars.

Technology

Spend your money wisely with reviews of new tech gadgets & the latest news in technology.

TV Schedule

Need to know what's on TV? Check out our television schedule.

Live Radar

WARN Interactive
Powered by Frankly
News 9
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KWTV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.