Neighbor Spots Fire, Helps Save OKC Home - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Neighbor Spots Fire, Helps Save OKC Home

Posted: Updated:
Firefighters and paramedics arrive at the scene of a house fire near S.W. 44th Street and Agnew. Firefighters and paramedics arrive at the scene of a house fire near S.W. 44th Street and Agnew.

News9.com

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A woman who stepped outside to smoke a cigarette happened to spot a fire sparked by a cigarette at her neighbor's home.

The woman was outside around 2:20 a.m. on Tuesday, August 30, when she saw fire and smoke coming through a back window at a house near S.W. 44th Street and Agnew. She called 911 and firefighters arrived just a few minutes later.

Crews quickly extinguished the fire. Firefighters say it appears the fire was started by a discarded cigarette. The homeowner had put out the cigarette in an ash tray, but the tray fell over and the still-smoldering butt started the fire.

The homeowner was not in the house when the fire started. No one was hurt and most of the damage was contained to a few rooms.

Special Features

iPhone App

Get breaking news, weather, sports & video directly on your iPhone.

Politics

Breaking political news & the latest headlines from the state capitol & D.C.

Radars

See where weather is happening using our live interactive radars.

Technology

Spend your money wisely with reviews of new tech gadgets & the latest news in technology.

TV Schedule

Need to know what's on TV? Check out our television schedule.

Live Radar

WARN Interactive
Powered by Frankly
News 9
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 KWTV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.