Italian chicken penne
Recipe from Alyssa Downing of Henderson, Texas
Prep Time: less than 30 minutes
Total Time: less than 1 hour
2 cups penne noodles
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 can all white chicken breast
1/4 cup Italian or light Italian dressing
2 tsp Tony's Creole Seasoning
- Fill a pot with water and add olive oil.
- While water is coming to a boil, drain the can of chicken and lightly cook with Tony's Creole in another pan (using a microwave cooks it too much, too fast and I found that it steals some of the flavor).
- Make sure to "shred" the chicken to small "string" pieces.
- Add raw Penne noodles to the boiling water and cook to al dente.
- Drain the noodles and return them to the pan, adding the Italian Dressing and chicken on low heat.
- Stir until all ingredients are warm.
- Serve topped with any cheese and/or parsley for flavor.
Servings: Serves 2-5 people