Norman Hotel Carbon Monoxide Leak Sends 21 To Hospital - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Norman Hotel Carbon Monoxide Leak Sends 21 To Hospital

Posted: Updated:

Michael Konopasek, News 9

NORMAN, Oklahoma -- A carbon monoxide leak forces hundreds of people from the Sooner Legends Inn and Suites and sends 21 to the hospital.

News 9 is told a toddler suffered the worst symptoms.

The victims were taken to a local hospital in Norman. On Monday night, the leak was detected by firefighters after a nurse at Norman Regional called them when a 3-year-old was determined to have the gas in his system.

Guests were evacuated and forced to stay at different hotels.

In all, 250 people were displaced, but the Sooner Legends Inn and Suites tells News 9 that it paid the hotel bills and did not charge for the original rooms.

Special Features

iPhone App

Get breaking news, weather, sports & video directly on your iPhone.

Politics

Breaking political news & the latest headlines from the state capitol & D.C.

Radars

See where weather is happening using our live interactive radars.

Technology

Spend your money wisely with reviews of new tech gadgets & the latest news in technology.

TV Schedule

Need to know what's on TV? Check out our television schedule.

Live Radar

WARN Interactive
Powered by Frankly
News 9
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 KWTV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.