How to make your summer makeup last
By Risi-Leanne Baranja
From The Style Glossy
There's nothing like high temps, sun and humidity to make morning's perfectly made-up face look like a melted mess just a few hours later. But with these steps, you'll be sure to look fresh, pretty and put-together -- no matter what summer has in store.
1. Start by prepping the T-zone with a light antiperspirant product. (Use one that comes in a wipe.) Sweep lightly along your forehead, nose and chin. These are usually the first places your face perspires and starts to break down makeup.
2. Next, apply a lightweight primer. The primer will give the makeup a layer to grip.
3. Apply a lightweight foundation/tinted moisturizer with SPF. Use a brush or damp sponge to achieve a smooth, sheer finish.
4. Apply a waterproof or long-wear gel or liquid eyeliner. You can find a wide range of these at all price points. Choose a few in basic colors -- like brown, black and navy -- that you'll wear daily. Pick up a couple of trendy shades, like green or purple, at the drugstore.
5. Add a few coats of waterproof mascara. Pick a formula that is multipurpose: lengthening, thickening and, if you need it, curling.
6. For cheek color, apply a light layer of a gel or liquid blush.
7. Lips should have a coat of long-wear lip stain with a bit of shine.
8. Finish with a few spritzes of a makeup-setting spray. The setting spray will lock in all the makeup and fight against melting and smudging.
Risi-Leanne Baranja is the author of the Palacinka Beauty Blog, which helps take the guesswork out of buying beauty products.
Copyright © 2011 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.