1. The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents at least 18 years of age who reside in the News 9 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. ("DMA") except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. Employees of Griffin Communications, L.L.C. and its affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest ("Contest Entities") and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register for or participate in the Contest.
2. Only one prize may be awarded per household. Winners from other contests sponsored or conducted by News 9 within thirty (30) days preceding the beginning of this contest are not eligible for this contest.
3. How to win. Each week a panel will choose one deserving viewer to be surprised with a makeover and shopping spree from Christina Eckert and Lauren Nelson. Winner will be chosen based on the essay provided with the photos.
4. How to enter. Viewers can enter by completing the contest form and uploading a photo to http://www.news9.com/makeover. They may also enter by mailing or delivering a post card entry with essay and picture to Style My Summer, 7410 N Kelley Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73111. Entries must include participant's name, age, address, daytime and nighttime phone numbers and e-mail address. Entries must be received at News 9 by Friday at noon to be considered for the next week's prize. Only post card entries will be accepted via mail. Only one entry per person. Photocopies, facsimiles or other reproductions will not be eligible.
5. Prizes. The prize will consist of a makeover including hair and makeup and a $500 gift card for a shopping spree.
6. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
7. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
8. "Contest Officials" designated by the management of News 9 shall be responsible for selection of winners and for interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules.
9. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree: (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Officials, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses or fees, for copyright, trademark or other intellectual property claims, claims for injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants' fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless they own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents; (e) not to upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer; (f) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner's acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (g) to the use of the entrant's, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotional or advertising purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
10. Contest Officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
11. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, stolen, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it is determined that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
12. News 9 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest for any reason.
13. Winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email. Winner(s) must sign and return a Statement of Prizewinner provided by News 9. The signed Statement of Prizewinner must be received by News 9 within ten (10) days of the winner's notification. Winner(s) must show photo identification to claim prizes. News 9 reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud.
14. If the prize winner(s) cannot be notified within seven days of the winner selection, does not timely return the signed Statement of Prizewinner or for other reasons set forth in these rules, is determined not to be an eligible winner, the prize(s) will be awarded to an alternate winner.
15. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed except at the Contest Entities' sole discretion due to prize unavailability. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Any prize awarded in this Contest must be claimed within ten (10) days of winner's notification by News 9 or sooner, depending upon the specific prize or contest.
16. Odds of winning depend on the number of contest entries received.
17. Complete contest rules are available at News 9, Monday through Friday during normal business hours.