Smoke Detector Saves OKC Man From House Fire - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Smoke Detector Saves OKC Man From House Fire

Posted: Updated:
Firefighters at the scene of a house fire at a southwest OKC home early Thursday morning. Firefighters at the scene of a house fire at a southwest OKC home early Thursday morning.

News9.com

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma City firefighters say a short circuit in a heating unit caused a house fire in Southwest Oklahoma City.

When crews arrived, heavy smoke was coming out of the home but they were able to put the fire out quickly.

The homeowner got out safely thanks to his working smoke detector.

Special Features

iPhone App

Get breaking news, weather, sports & video directly on your iPhone.

Politics

Breaking political news & the latest headlines from the state capitol & D.C.

Radars

See where weather is happening using our live interactive radars.

Technology

Spend your money wisely with reviews of new tech gadgets & the latest news in technology.

TV Schedule

Need to know what's on TV? Check out our television schedule.

Live Radar

WARN Interactive
Powered by Frankly
News 9
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 KWTV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.