½ cup heavy cream
3 Tablespoons Nutella
*3 oz. semi-sweet bakers chocolate, chopped
4 oz. sweet baking chocolate, chopped
1 cup hazelnuts
- Pour cream into sauce pan and simmer over medium heat. (do not let it boil!).
- Remove cream from heat, place chopped chocolate and Nutella into sauce pan. Whisk chocolate until incorporated and smooth.
- Pour chocolate into a glass bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator for 2 ½ -3 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and place hazelnuts on baking sheet. Toast nuts until the skins begin to split, about 10 minutes.
- Remove nuts from oven and rub with a dish towel to remove as much skin as possible. Place cleaned nuts into a food processor and grind. Place nuts in shallow bowl or pan.
- Once chocolate mixture has solidified enough to handle, roll 1" balls (chill again for a few minutes in the refrigerator, if needed).
- Roll each chocolate ball in the nuts, coating the entire truffle in chopped nuts. Chill again for about an hour and serve.
*If you like less sweet or dark chocolate, use bittersweet or unsweetened chocolate.