½ pd ground beef
2 ts tomato paste
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup chopped mushroom
1 cup chopped onion
4 ts fresh chopped basil
2 ts Kalamata olives
½ cup grated parmesan
1 ts black pepper
1 ts Italian seasoning
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ can marinara sauce
½ lb linguini-prepare as directed on the box.
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a jelly roll pan with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray.
3. Mix beef, tomato paste, breadcrumbs, mushroom, onion, basil, olives, parmesan, black pepper and Italian seasoning. Mold into meatballs. Place in lined pan. Bake 35 minutes.
4. Put meatballs in 3 to 4 quart pot. Pour marinara sauce over meatballs. Cover and cook on medium low heat for 30 minutes or until meatballs are fully cooked.
5. Cook pasta one minute less than the box directions for al dente.
6. Drain the pasta when it is ready. Drizzle with the olive oil, add some freshly grated parmesan cheese and toss.
7. On a serving platter, serve meatballs with marinara sauce over prepared pasta.