Sweet Piggy Sandwich
INGREDIENTS: Yield: 1 Sandwich
2 slices sourdough bread
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
3 oz. black forest ham
2 strips of thick cut brown sugar bacon (see recipe below)
1/4 cup grated gruyere and gouda cheese
1/4 cup yellow onion, caramelized
2 tablespoon salted butter, softened
1. Preheat a cast iron skillet or Panini press on medium high heat.
2. Cut onion in half and slice. Add onions to hot skillet and top with olive oil. Cook slowly till caramelized.
3. Place 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise on both slices of bread.
4. Add grated cheese to each piece of bread.
5. Put ham slices and bacon on one piece of bread and top with caramelized onions.
6. Place pieces of bread together and butter both sides.
7. Add to hot skillet (place brick covered with foil on top of sandwich) or in Panini press and cook till toasty and cheese is melted through.
Brown Sugar Bacon Directions
Thick sliced hickory smoked bacon
1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Press bacon slices in brown sugar covering completely.
3. Place on cooling rack that is placed inside a cookie sheet.
4. Bake till cooked through or approximately 15 minutes.