1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
4 cans of fire roasted tomatoes
1 large can crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon dried basil
½ teaspoon thyme
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon pepper
salt to taste
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1. In a 2 quart stockpot over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is soft. Be careful not to burn the garlic!
2. Add in the fire roasted tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, basil, thyme, salt, pepper and brown sugar.
3. Using a blender or immersion blender, puree soup until smooth.
4. Return to pan if using blender. Whisk in half and half.
5. Heat through being very careful not to boil the soup. Boiling will cause milk to separate and make for a lumpy soup.
Serve warm and garnish with freshly grated Parmesan and fresh basil.
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.