POINTS® Value: 6
Preparation Time: 7 min
Cooking Time: 14 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
12 oz beer
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 large garlic clove(s), peeled and smashed
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tsp table salt
1/8 tsp whole cloves
1 1/2 pound(s) raw lean flank steak, 1-inch thick, washed and patted dry
* In a 9- X 13-inch glass baking dish, combine beer, oil, garlic, lemon juice, sugar, salt and cloves; add steak. Cover dish and marinate in refrigerator, turning once or twice, at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
* Place a grill pan in broiler; preheat broiler to high. Remove meat from marinade and broil about 3 1/2 minutes per side for medium rare, or longer until desired doneness.* Remove meat from broiler and place meat on a plate; loosely cover with aluminum foil and let stand for about 10 minutes.
* Meanwhile, place grill pan on stovetop over high heat; carefully pour marinade onto grill pan. Bring to a boil (beer will foam) and cook until all alcohol burns off, about 5 to 7 minutes.
* Thinly slice steak against the grain and serve with sauce. Yields about 4 ounces of steak per serving.
* *You can also cook this recipe on the grill and reduce the sauce in a saucepan on the stove.
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.