INGREDIENTS:2 pounds mussels1/2 cup cornmeal2 tablespoon olive oil4 cloves chopped garlic2 cups white wine1 tablespoon chopped basil1/4 cup diced tomato
DIRECTIONS:1) Rinse mussels under cold water.
2) Soak mussels in a solution of cornmeal and water for 1 hour.
3) In a hot pan, sauté chopped garlic in olive oil until it begins to brown.
4) Remove mussels from water and pat dry.
5) Add mussels to the pan along with white wine, basil and chopped tomato.
6) Cover and allow to steam for 5 minutes.
7) Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with French bread.