Italian Chicken and Potatoes
Recipe from Kathy Lovering of Franklin, Ky.
Total Time: 35-45 minutes prep, cooking time varies depending on size of chicken
1 whole 7-9 lb roasting chicken
8 potatoes, peeled & thin sliced
1C of milk
Vegetable or olive oil Margarine
1. Get a 9x12 glass baking dish and put margarine all around the inside of the dish. Cook the thin sliced potatoes on the stove with the milk until they are almost cooked.
2. Drain, then layer potatoes in the dish, sprinkling garlic power and Italian spices on each, to taste.
3. Then take the chicken, remove giblets and place on top of the potatoes, season with oil, garlic powder and Italian spices.
4. Put it in the oven and bake until the chicken is completely cooked.
5. Remove the chicken from the potatoes when it is done and put the potatoes back in the oven to brown. When done, serve. And enjoy!
Comments: Everyone I give this recipe to loves it.